- Created Wednesday, August 5th 2015 @ 19:47:56
In game http://theaigames.com/competitions/ai-block-battle/games/55c24a7e1c687b6be6ca3a56 round 7, BlockParty drops a T without rotating which clears 1 line, the combo is 1. It gets 7 points for this move, shouldn't that be 2 points?
It seems like it gets the T-spin bonus without having deserved it.
- Created Thursday, August 6th 2015 @ 14:13:46
There is still a bug with T-spin points. Most of the time it seems to work fine now, but in http://theaigames.com/competitions/ai-block-battle/games/55c3475435ec1d6c7c0391fe:
- round 12 Doudi makes a single line clear using T-spin but is not awarded extra points.
- round 23 BlockParty clears a single line with T-piece, but not spinning, but is still awarded 6 extra points
- Created Thursday, August 6th 2015 @ 14:50:25
In game http://theaigames.com/competitions/ai-block-battle/games/55c351cd1c687b3a6a2d9b67 Round 36, same thing happens and in many other games too, I think it needs to be fixed.
- Updated Thursday, August 6th 2015 @ 23:01:06
round 12 Doudi makes a single line clear using T-spin but is not awarded extra points.
- Created Friday, August 7th 2015 @ 20:32:05
As far as I can see, the T-spin works now. I now understand what a T-spin is (3 of the 4 corners around the T must be filled) and I removed "drop" as my last returned move when doing a rotation. Thanks!
- Created Friday, August 7th 2015 @ 23:52:19
I think it would be good if the last move can still be "drop", and it still would count as a T-spin, if the move before the drop was a spin.
- Created Saturday, August 8th 2015 @ 02:40:44
Yep, I dropped on the t-spin and didn't get the points in Round 57: http://theaigames.com/competitions/ai-block-battle/games/55c54ef135ec1d4702e50f9d
- Updated Monday, August 10th 2015 @ 15:55:50
I actually stopped dropping pieces (when unnecessary) and it makes T-spin to score bonus points.
Also the engine warning doesn't show up when the piece "fits" (right above another block), so there's no actual need to make "drop" to be the last action.