- Created Saturday, October 17th 2015 @ 17:13:24
Hey, I have two questions concerning the rules. 1) The game ends when blocks get pushed onto the -1 row but pieces are also spawned at -1. My question: Is there space above the -1 row for rotations? For example can I rotate an I piece that just spawned such that the top would be at -2 or -3? Can I move left/right on these rows?
2) T-Spins. It says on the rule page: Spins are detected by checking if the last move was a turnleft or turnright, and 3 out of 4 corners of the T shape bounding box are occupied with blocks in the field. Image: http://theaigames.com/img/blockbattle-rules3.png
Question: If I would have rotated the block clockwise (in the 3rd position) would this also count as a single T-Spin? Or in other words: Can I get to a T-Spin where the last 3 moves were something like: DOWN, TURNLEFT, TURNRIGHT.
Thank you, cube
- Created Sunday, October 18th 2015 @ 00:38:23
1) The game ends when a piece spawns on a obstructed cell. If it doesn't, you can rotate and move to either sides before moving down
2) I think that was possible in the beginning, but (I hope) that was fixed. If the piece doesn't require a t-spin to get into place it shouldn't count, if it does it's a bug.
- Created Sunday, October 18th 2015 @ 02:45:37
Would be nice if we could have an official statement, also I think the rules should be updated / reworded. One other thing that is not specified: For a T-Spin does a cell outside the board count as occupied?
DeveloperCreated Monday, October 19th 2015 @ 14:57:22
The answers for SvenPetroll are correct. Also, the cells outside the board are counted as occupied.
I will update the rules page to make this more clear.