- Created Saturday, December 26th 2015 @ 13:59:40
Whenever I upload my bot a test match is run against some random bot. Since I also dump my computations to the error file I can view the results. However, when I use the same inputs from the test match and use it when I run my bot locally I get different results every time. I don't make use of any random function so how can this difference in results between the site and my own computer be explained? It is very frustrating that I spend time optimizing my bot and that it does not play at all as I programmed it to do.
- Created Saturday, December 26th 2015 @ 23:55:16
- Calculations depending on the remaining time?
- Data Structures with compiler dependant order?
- Created Sunday, December 27th 2015 @ 16:19:33
To answer your questions: no and no.
DeveloperCreated Tuesday, December 29th 2015 @ 14:52:14
I'm not sure I can provide you with an answer, the server just runs the game with the bot you uploaded. There should not be any difference.