- Created Saturday, June 25th 2016 @ 23:39:24
Now it has happened what I suspected a long time: 5 of the top 10 bots in Go are Swedish - and 2 of the top 2!
What is the rest of the world doing? Are the Swedish really that much smarter? :P Come on, prove us wrong!
- Created Sunday, June 26th 2016 @ 03:49:43
Haha, i like the provocation. I feel like Go is harder than the previous competitions to get into, so maybe this has turned away some people. Only about 50 bots in the competition so far. I'll make a submission eventually.... still not too sure about how to write a bot for this game.
- Created Sunday, June 26th 2016 @ 17:52:42
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but you might notice my Tic Tac Toe bot plays a little better than it used to at 1800 elo.
- Updated Wednesday, June 29th 2016 @ 04:08:22
Now I'm wondering how many, if any, Swedish people are on the AlphaGo team at DeepMind, which is based in London. AlphaGo is the best Go bot out there, having bested a Go master. That achievement kind of puts a different tint on this competition. Wondering if they'll ever seek to restrict the kind of algorithms or methods allowed for a competition to prevent retreading ground or to restrict non-general methods.
- Created Monday, July 11th 2016 @ 00:33:14
4 out of the top 6 now... (the other 2 are german)
- Created Saturday, September 3rd 2016 @ 20:31:24
Looks like a new champion has emerged - gorillion!
- Created Saturday, October 1st 2016 @ 17:12:51
Indeed. But we are also close to having 3 out of the top 4 being Swedish. The rest of the world still has to shape up a bit.
- Created Tuesday, November 8th 2016 @ 04:40:46
I'm coming for you ingwa :)
- Created Tuesday, November 8th 2016 @ 23:39:38
Tributes, we welcome you! :P
I have some new code that will fix one of my biggest weaknesses. It will be up in a few days. :)
- Created Saturday, January 7th 2017 @ 21:17:10
So there it is: 3 out of 4 are Swedish. (Unfortunately not the 1st place)
Cowzow: You are still coming, I see :)