- Updated Friday, December 12th 2014 @ 18:26:20
The page http://theaigames.com/competitions/warlight-ai-challenge-2/getting-started defines a command
settings timebank -ibut the game engine seems to use
- Created Friday, December 12th 2014 @ 18:12:52
Similarly it uses
- Updated Friday, December 12th 2014 @ 18:22:40
Well, actually the game engine does use
- Updated Friday, December 12th 2014 @ 18:31:55
The communication between the engine and the bot uses timebank and time_per_move. But the bot uses the variable names timeBank and timePerMove, I'm not sure if that is what you mean. but if you check the output logs you don't see timePerMove anywhere.
- Updated Friday, December 12th 2014 @ 18:42:40
My bot does not use the variable names timeBank and timePerMove. It has received timeBank and timePerMove from the engine.
My code didn't contain the strings "timeBank" or "timePerMove" however these strings appeared in the error log as "Invalid subcommand for settings: timeBank" and "Invalid subcommand for settings: timePerMove" (my code display this message when it reads an unexpected command).
- Created Friday, December 12th 2014 @ 19:08:12
you are referring to the timebank and time_per_move commands at the start of the game? I really can't imagine it will send timeBank and timePerMove anywhere, unless I'm really being stupid right now.
- Updated Saturday, December 13th 2014 @ 15:22:59
Here is the test code and the output: https://gist.github.com/thomas-huet/9055a796e0e867c53630
Test it yourself.
- Created Saturday, December 13th 2014 @ 17:13:06
The easiest way to fix this is to ignore the command and continue your execution. Avoid asserting everything unless it will cause your program to crash(Which you can avoid anyway). At least just output the error if you still want to handle these kind of issues.
It is still a strange that you somehow get those commands. The developers probably know more about this.
- Created Saturday, December 13th 2014 @ 17:22:44
@McTwist: I know how to fix my code to take this into account (and I already did that) but the bug is not in my code, it is in the server code. And I don't assert anything more than the description of the protocol.
- Created Saturday, December 13th 2014 @ 17:28:59
It was a heads-up. No need to follow my mediocre instructions.
- Created Saturday, December 13th 2014 @ 17:50:19
Ahhhh.. I didn't realize you meant the bot test. That's just a text file with some inputs to test if your bot responds at all. Apparently I made a mistake there, fixed now.