- Created Sunday, December 21st 2014 @ 15:58:54
A long time ago I proposed to support Java 8. As far as I know it should be very simple to do. Starter bot, and bots of other players should remain same because of backward compatibility. What is status of this request now?
- Created Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 09:47:29
On the roadmap page it says that it is in queue with low priority.
In my opinion this should have at least medium priority. Java 8 added some significant new features (e.g. lambdas) and programming a bot for this competition would be the perfect playground to try out these features. Actually, I almost started another AI contest where I could use Java 8 but I came back because it's already in the queue.
Anybody else in favor of setting this at least to medium priority?
DeveloperCreated Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 10:48:59
I will implement it right after the holidays
- Created Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 11:12:08
Great to hear that! Thanks, Jim!
- Created Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 18:30:00
Then I would also like clang 3.4 or gcc 4.9 with -std=c++14 enabled as a compiler for C++ :P
DeveloperCreated Thursday, January 8th 2015 @ 13:11:48
Your wish is my command, added Java 8 AND c++14 support.
- Created Thursday, January 8th 2015 @ 21:30:59
- Created Friday, January 9th 2015 @ 00:01:01
Yeah, thanks a lot! Works like a charm, too.
- Created Friday, January 9th 2015 @ 11:27:46
Thanks a lot!
- Created Friday, January 9th 2015 @ 22:17:10
I started using some features of Java 8 and.. Java compilation failed after uploading.
- Updated Friday, January 9th 2015 @ 22:31:23
By error dump compilation error exacly in place of new syntax. It means that old version of java was using for compilation.