- Updated Thursday, February 19th 2015 @ 14:20:47
Soon we will be out of Beta (couple of weeks from now), which will mean no new features will be added anymore and settings will remain the same. Also the engine for Warlight AI Challenge 2 will be publicly available from then on. Below you can find a list of stuff that has been changed last Friday and today.
- The picking phase is now visible at the start of each game.
- Wasteland army amount is reduced from 10 to 6.
- The minimum amount of rounds for any map is now set to 60.
- The amount of starting regions you can pick is no longer the amount of available starting regions divided by two, but randomly will be less than that. A minimum of three regions can always be picked.
- Map generator settings have been adjusted according to your feedback. This includes that the very small maps will no longer be created (test games are still always played on small maps).
If you like or dislike some of these changes let me know, because after this I will take your feedback into account one last time and make final changes before we go out of Beta.
NOTE: settings starting_pick_amount is added to the engine output, see the getting started page.
- Created Thursday, February 19th 2015 @ 22:36:57
It would be nice to add to the settings Wasteland army amount = 6 and Standard army amount = 2
- Updated Thursday, February 26th 2015 @ 21:52:42
I'm not really watching a lot of games lately so I don't know if this is intentional, but here my opponent had 3 starting regions while I only had 2: http://theaigames.com/competitions/warlight-ai-challenge-2/games/54ef7b1f4b5ab27232af1930
- Created Friday, February 27th 2015 @ 09:31:47
You are right, fixed now.
- Created Tuesday, March 3rd 2015 @ 22:53:47
I think the changed settings are good improvements. I think the gameplay is ok now. It's especially good that the smallest maps are gone now.
I have two small wishes for the viewer: 1. It would be more logical to make "show both players" the default. Currently "show player 1" is the default. As a default I think this makes no sense because player 1 is just randomly one of the two players. Therefore, "show both" is a better default. I watch the games almost always with this setting, but that's just my personal preference. 2. It would be nice to "remember" the speed setting of the viewer, preferrably in a cookie, so that it works as well if I'm not logged in.
- Updated Saturday, March 7th 2015 @ 16:57:08
Also the engine for Warlight AI Challenge 2 will be publicly available from then on.
Does that mean we'll be able to run our bots locally? Will the visualizer be provided?
- Created Friday, March 13th 2015 @ 22:28:37
Yes then you can run your bot locally, but no visualizer will be provided, so you have to go on the in and outputs only. But still it's nice because you can do quick tests more easily
- Created Thursday, March 19th 2015 @ 10:03:01
Jim, could we get engine sources released in github even while it is still in beta? Personally I don't see any reasons why it can't be done, but I may be wrong :)
Also the community may help fixing all these map generation bugs.
- Created Thursday, March 19th 2015 @ 10:05:10
It will be released next week, and the map generator is not part of the engine :)