- Created Monday, March 31st 2014 @ 23:28:29
i noticed there is a slight difference on sorting results between what the game log is returning and what i simulate locally with exact same settings.
So what compiler is being used to compile the c# submitted bots? Would be nice to know the exact tool-chain to avoid these issues. I'm thinking this might be small differences between the .Sort algo between .NET 4.5 or .NET 4.0 frameworks?!
- Created Tuesday, April 1st 2014 @ 00:51:28
It uses mono 220.127.116.11 with dmcs.
To compile it yourself you can install that and compile with c:\path\to\mono\bin\dmcs -out:mybot.exe -recurse:*.cs from your bots folder.
- Created Tuesday, April 1st 2014 @ 13:08:44
- Created Tuesday, April 1st 2014 @ 13:31:34
Or just don't use .Sort. .Sort uses Quicksort, which is an unstable sort. If you want reliable sort, use .OrderBy instead
- Created Saturday, April 5th 2014 @ 17:52:59
yeah, ran into problems with the unstability of .Sort() indeed, .OrderBy() seems to be more liked by monodevelop. thanks for the hint
- Created Tuesday, April 8th 2014 @ 16:33:46
i've got a similar issue where the game log does not return the same commands as when i run them locally. even when i compile with the same Mono version i get a different output.
here in round 3 i say "No moves" but locally i get "player1 attack/transfer 40 39 2, player1 attack/transfer 42 40 3"
i am thoroughly confused.