1. Leaderboard rankings are determined by an automated ELO rating system, adapted to each competition. At a specific date and time, these rankings will be used to select the top bots that will progress to the finals. Both the number of bots that will progress to the finals and the time will be given by TheAIGames.com team before the actual finals start. The top bots selected cannot be discussed. Normal ranking for a competition will continue after its finals.
2. Finals are held in a computerized knock-out tournament form. The exact description will be given before the finals start. Results of the (semi-)finals will be final and cannot be discussed.
3. When the finals are over and your bot is ranked high enough on the finals rankings to claim a prize, you will be contacted via email by TheAIGames.com team. You have one month to claim your prize. If you have not responded after one month, you cannot in any way be rewarded your prize for that competition any more.
4. You can only have one account. If you have effective control over more than one account, even if the accounts are all nominally owned by other people, you will be disqualified from all (future) competitions.
5. Entries which are deemed to violate the spirit of fair and sportsmanlike competition will be disqualified from all (future) competitions without any opportunity for appeal. In particular, memory scanning, intentionally losing games, and behavior conditional on the opponent's identity are prohibited.
6. Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the contest software or the contest servers will result in the immediate involvement of law enforcement officials and disqualification from all (future) competitions.
7. At the forums, english is the speaking (typing) language. Harassment, flaming or any other form of language that is not deemed appropriate will be removed from the forums. Users that repeatedly break this rule can be disqualified from all (future) competitions.
8. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time without notice.